1. This study uses an unorthodox set of methods to arrive at its conclusions. Is the methodology sound enough to give us adequately robust results?
2. This study is limited to one country; how applicable are the results to other countries and cultures?
3. Do the results of this study indicate a greater need for education amongst journalists, and more stringent guidelines on reporting suicides?
4. What might be the reasons behind the protective effect of articles about suicidal ideation where suicide was not attempted? Does this indicate a potential role for the media in public education on this matter?
5. In what way do the results of this study have implications for other forms of media?